Andre S. Giron
Georgia Institute of Technology- BS Computer Science 2015
Ambi Inc.- Front End Engineer Contractor (Mar 2017 - Current)
- Architected and developed user interface for instant messaging on Ambi.
- Developed library of reusable components for instant messaging enabling chat user experiences for a variety of screen sizes.
- Built automated browser testing infrastructure for rapid integration testing of website.
FOSSA- Software Engineer in Test Contractor (Nov 2016 - Feb 2016)
- Developed automated testing infrastructure for NodeJS application using Sequelize, Mocha and CircleCI.
- Significantly reduced the time to check that new features worked without regression.
- Worked remotely with core team located in San Francisco.
Software Engineer- BetterCloud (Jul 2016 - Nov 2016)
- Wrote microservice in Spring Boot to handle registration and de-registration of Dropbox users.
- Used AngularJS on the client side with rSQL and ElasticSearch on the server side to implement advanced filtering on the user page, allowing for flexible searching through large lists of users.
- Tools: Java, Spring Boot, JUnit, Kafka, MySQL, ElasticSearch, AngularJS, Docker, Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
NCR Software Engineer- Mobile Payments (Jun 2015- Apr 2016)
- Developed enhancements for user interface and admin dashboard of Mobile Pay.
- Designed and implemented RESTful/SOAP web services for internal teams, as well as maintained a customer facing API.
- Integrated web services with the Aloha Point of Sale System.
Microsoft SDE Intern- Windows Photo Viewer (May 2014 - Aug 2014)
- Implemented various user interface improvements to the Collections Page and the Single Photo Viewer.
- Used MVVM architecture and wrote C#, C++, CX and XAML code to implement my feature.
- Wrote component tests to ensure that my feature was of high quality and that end to end scenarios functioned properly.
- Tools: C#, C++/CX, XAML, Universal Windows Platform Applications
Microsoft SDE Intern- Windows Phone Calendar and Email (May 2013 - Aug 2013)
- Implemented feature which allows users to browse for emails by sender.
- Wrote native C++ code for the Windows Phone OS.
- Tools: C++, XAML, Windows Phone Applications
Microsoft Explorer Intern- Windows Phone People Hub (May 2012 - Aug 2012)
- Worked on a team of three to make Social Networking user interface improvements to the Windows Phone.
- Rotated with team between three roles for four weeks each- Program Management, Software Development, and Software Testing.
- Tools/Methodologies: C++, RESTful web services, XAML, Program Management, Software Testing
Projects/ExtracurricularsGIT MAD (Mobile Application Development Club)
- Vice President- 2014
- Sports- Application that shows live NFL scores
- Operations- 2013
- Jetpack James
- Escargo Away
- A Spire To Defend